Employment at Cx Associates
Cx Associates is seeking to hire a Senior Engineer (SE) with expertise in HVAC engineering.
The Senior Engineer (SE) is a person with expertise and considerable experience with HVAC systems and controls, including HVAC design, systems optimization, troubleshooting existing systems and analysis for energy efficiency.
The SE is a creative problem-solver who excels at finding innovative solutions to problems and is an intellectually curious individual who is committed to continuous learning and staying abreast of developments in the field. This person is a strong project manager with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who excels at planning, organizing, and prioritizing work. The SE would also serve as a mentor to other engineering staff.The SE works largely independently among a team of other engineers.
The SE also works closely with the operations manager for assistance with project management and tracking, and the other admin staff for project support. The SE is a person who can juggle multiple demanding tasks simultaneously while remaining detail oriented and focused. The SE is a strong writer and editor and is committed to Cx Associates’ mission. The SE has a demonstrated personal belief in sustainability and eco-friendliness and is an evangelist for others in the firm to ensure the firm walks the talk.
- Identify, develop, and quantify comprehensive energy conservation opportunities associated with HVAC, EMS controls, boiler and chilled water plant systems in ESPC projects
- Develop and use spreadsheet and computer-based energy simulation programs
- Provide design of HVAC system retrofits and upgrades including drawings, detailed scopes of work for design/build procurement and specifications including BAS sequences of operations.
- Troubleshoot existing system deficiencies and identify and develop opportunities to correct them.
- Write detailed energy conservation measure descriptions, and detailed metering and verification plans to support customers in implementing and verifying energy efficiency improvements.
- Provide technical presentations to customers and at conferences
- Project management of leading-edge energy projects
- Act as a senior project advisor, providing mentoring and quality assurance for a variety of projects
- Present findings and advance industry practice through publishing technical reports, papers and blogs
Key Knowledge Requirements
- Knowledge of commercial HVAC systems, HVAC sizing tools, chillers, boilers, air handlers, variable speed drives, motors, refrigeration, and energy optimization of HVAC systems
- Knowledge of ASHRAE Standards, energy codes, IESNA standards, IPMVP
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction and energy optimization of buildings
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client service, including client needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of client satisfaction
- Knowledge of commissioning and retrocommissioning processes (preferred)
- Knowledge of measurement and verification standards and practices (preferred)
Key Skill and Ability Requirements
- Technical writing and presentation skills including: reports, factsheets, guides, white papers
- Anticipating and identifying complex problems, finding and reviewing relevant information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Analyzing energy efficiency that results from optimization of systems and equipment
- Analyzing and synthesizing information from disparate sources and drawing conclusions
- Organizing, planning, and prioritizing work tasks
- Updating and using relevant knowledge (keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to the job)
- Teamwork, interpersonal communication, and creative/innovative thinking
- Personal initiative/motivation
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking and intellectual curiosity
- Client/business development
- Computer skills, including MS Word and Excel; experience with eQuest/DOE2 modeling software an asset
Preferred Education & Experience
Candidates should possess:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other related field. A Master's degree and/or Professional Engineer (P.E.) certification would be an asset.
- A minimum of 8 years of HVAC systems design experience.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.**