Employment at Cx Associates
Cx Associates is currently hiring for the following positions:
- An entry-level Administrative Coordinator in our downtown Burlington, VT office.
- About employment at Cx Associates
Cx Associates is a socially responsible, Burlington-based energy engineering consulting firm. We are looking for a full-time administrative coordinator who shares our interest in making a positive impact on the environment.
Duties include: Provide administrative support services for the office and staff including, but not limited to: provide project management and technical support; assist with testing equipment inventory, maintenance, and setup; maintain office files and set up projects; develop documents and databases; provide data entry; manage office supplies, equipment, and environment; assist in marketing and proposal-drafting activities; lead the firm’s social media marketing; assist and manage principals’ continuing education requirements and credit tracking; provide scheduling support; answer phones and emails; and other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills, and Attributes Required:
- Four-year college education required, preferably in a curriculum oriented toward energy, business, sustainability, economics, architecture, public policy, or environmental studies
- One to three years’ experience in providing administrative/project support services or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous work experience with energy efficiency and/or renewable energy is a plus, but not required
- Excellent analytical skills with strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Computer literacy – advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office software
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to recognize and prioritize critical information
- Ability to manage time, effort, and deadlines
- Highly organized
- Self motivated, independent worker
- Intelligent, intuitive, and innovative
- Fast learner
- Commitment to sustainability
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please, no phone calls.
Cx Associates is a small, socially responsible engineering consulting firm that offers a relaxed, flexible, open and employee- (and dog-) friendly working environment.
- health insurance
- health savings account (HSA)
- employee assistance program (EAP)
- 401(k) retirement plan with a company contribution and profit sharing
- life insurance
- generous paid time off, and
- green commuting incentives.
We take a collaborative approach to hiring with multiple rounds of interviews. Through this process we hope to give participants a thorough explanation of the position, our work, the culture of our firm, and its people to ensure the position is a good fit for both the candidate and our team.
Where We Live and Work
Our firm is based in Burlington, Vermont, a city that is consistently ranked as one of the best places in the country to live, work, relax, and do business. Burlington is served by Burlington International Airport, which has several daily direct flights to New York City, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Washington DC. Burlington abounds with opportunities for outdoor activities such as biking, climbing, hiking, skiing and swimming. Burlington's rich cultural community includes a thriving arts and music scene, and dozens of restaurants and coffeehouses.