Employment at Cx Associates
Cx Associates is currently hiring for the following positions:
- An Engineer with 3-5 years of experience with mechanical HVAC engineering.
- An entry-level Administrative Coordinator in our downtown Burlington, VT office.
- About employment at Cx Associates
We are seeking an Engineer with 3-5 years of experience in mechanical (HVAC) engineering and energy efficiency who shares our interest in making a positive impact on the environment. This position is full time and located in our Burlington, Vermont headquarters.
This position requires familiarity with HVAC and/or electrical systems, energy efficiency, and spreadsheet analysis. Candidates should have a four-year college degree and at least three years of HVAC or electrical systems experience. If you are self-directed; highly skilled in Word and Excel; outgoing and efficient; a strong verbal and written communicator; excellent at multi-tasking; collaborative and committed to sustainability, then please forward a résumé and cover letter.
This person has strong communication and interpersonal skills. The Engineer will work closely with other engineers on our staff.
This position requires occasional field work and travel within a two to three hour radius from Burlington, Vermont. Occasional overnight travel within New England and New York State may also be required. This position is for the unique individual who enjoys both desk work and fieldwork.
- Provide building commissioning, measurement and verification services for mechanical systems in new and existing buildings. Tasks include:
- Plan review
- Energy analysis
- Development and administration of construction checklists and functional performance tests
- Operator training verification
- Metering measurement, verification and analysis of HVAC, electrical and other systems
- Building modeling and spreadsheet analysis
- Preparation of systems manuals
- Report preparation
- Project management and other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with commercial building energy using systems
- Mechanical/HVAC background and familiarity with all building energy systems including electrical and domestic hot water.
- Familiarity/comfort with electric test instruments and DDC controls
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to organize, analyze, and draw significant conclusions from disparate sources
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills including: reports, factsheets, and guides
- Experience with managing large data sets and conducting statistical analysis
- Excellent Excel and spreadsheet management and analysis skills
- Develop, understand and meet project objectives, scope, budget, and schedule
- Knowledge of HVAC sizing tools
- Experience with eQuest/DOE2 modeling software a plus
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and climb ladders to building roofs
- Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work tasks
- High level of attention to detail
- Intelligent, intuitive, and innovative
- Ability to juggle multiple active projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good teamwork and collaboration experience
- Ability to pull together available resources to quickly create a solution for the problem at hand
- Excited by work, have ideas, offer opinions, and carry out instructions (check then do)
- Must be organized, detail oriented with ability to think critically
- Self-starter who loves to learn and continuously seeks new knowledge
- Works productively in a consulting environment with general direction and communicates proactively
- Commitment to sustainability
Candidates should possess:
- A four-year college degree and three to five years’ experience in HVAC mechanical engineering, building systems design, commissioning, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in one or more of the following areas strongly preferred:
- HVAC design
- Energy efficiency analysis
- Building commissioning
- Energy program measurement and verification
- Building energy management
Cx Associates is a socially responsible, Burlington-based energy engineering consulting firm. We are looking for a full-time administrative coordinator who shares our interest in making a positive impact on the environment.
Duties include: Provide administrative support services for the office and staff including, but not limited to: provide project management and technical support; assist with testing equipment inventory, maintenance, and setup; maintain office files and set up projects; develop documents and databases; provide data entry; manage office supplies, equipment, and environment; assist in marketing and proposal-drafting activities; lead the firm’s social media marketing; assist and manage principals’ continuing education requirements and credit tracking; provide scheduling support; answer phones and emails; and other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills, and Attributes Required:
- Four-year college education required, preferably in a curriculum oriented toward energy, business, sustainability, economics, architecture, public policy, or environmental studies
- One to three years’ experience in providing administrative/project support services or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous work experience with energy efficiency and/or renewable energy is a plus, but not required
- Excellent analytical skills with strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Computer literacy – advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office software
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to recognize and prioritize critical information
- Ability to manage time, effort, and deadlines
- Highly organized
- Self motivated, independent worker
- Intelligent, intuitive, and innovative
- Fast learner
- Commitment to sustainability
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please, no phone calls.
Cx Associates is a small, socially responsible engineering consulting firm that offers a relaxed, flexible, open and employee- (and dog-) friendly working environment.
- health insurance
- health savings account (HSA)
- employee assistance program (EAP)
- 401(k) retirement plan with a company contribution and profit sharing
- life insurance
- generous paid time off, and
- green commuting incentives.
We take a collaborative approach to hiring with multiple rounds of interviews. Through this process we hope to give participants a thorough explanation of the position, our work, the culture of our firm, and its people to ensure the position is a good fit for both the candidate and our team.
Where We Live and Work
Our firm is based in Burlington, Vermont, a city that is consistently ranked as one of the best places in the country to live, work, relax, and do business. Burlington is served by Burlington International Airport, which has several daily direct flights to New York City, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Washington DC. Burlington abounds with opportunities for outdoor activities such as biking, climbing, hiking, skiing and swimming. Burlington's rich cultural community includes a thriving arts and music scene, and dozens of restaurants and coffeehouses.